Monday, June 23, 2008

things i thought were beautiful

-the kid on Thomas street bouncing up and down in the sunshine on a pogo stick last Friday evening in the middle of a yard full of flowers

-cleaning out my apartment with my ex and feeling a certain kind of peace/closure and joy to be able to do that together. I don' t know what we are doing, but I do know that cleaning together gave me a peace I hadn't felt in a long time.

-the middle aged guy in the fancy lexus jamming out

-hanging out with old friends, drinking, getting high around a camp fire, so much laughter

-the way my cats crept out from under the covers today where they have been hiding since the move, just the way they peered at me with curiosity, beauty and innocence.

-bright orange, deep purple, wonderful flowers. i don't know what they are-- daisies, marigolds, who knows or cares. They were stunning and full of life.

-sundresses and bonnets and laughing children

-blowing bubbles from the balcony of a local church.

No comments: