Sunday, June 8, 2008

everything in its right place

In case I forget to mention it, the title of the post is inspired by my desire to see Radiohead in Seattle at the end of August so badly I am willing to pay $150 + for a ticket. Since it is only a few days before my birthday, it will be my gift to myself. They sold out so quickly-- I was at work and totally forgot to get a ticket. I knew they would sell out immediately. But I don't care. I think I would pay up to 250 to see them. Who knows when they will be back in Seattle again.

I am going to be moving. I am slowly packing up my crap. I have no time to pack and don't know when I will make time, all the while the moving date creeps closer. I am moving in with my brother and two friends. Moving will net me almost $600 dollars in savings a month, and I am looking forward to having a life again.

Things are nuts. I should be writing an eval for our intern right now, but I just need to breathe. At 6:30pm I will go to the care giving gig. The woman is so kind and I genuinely love her. It's just so crazy with my schedule, I don't know how long I can keep doing this.

Today we had church for 5 hours. It was the pastor's going away party. I am really going to miss that guy! I had the awesome job of taking care of their dog during the hoopla and it was lots of fun. Their dog is one of those dogs that is so damn cute it makes you happy just to look at it.

I miss my small group already, even though this is the first night I will have to miss.

I have so much to do I just don't know where to begin. Thankfully I found someone to replace me for doing the Quixote calendar for a few months.

My ex-partner/fiance/boyfriend came up to get more of his stuff that I have found. I had this revelation in my middle of last week about my needs and different things that went wrong in the relationship. After things ended with jerk-guy, I was suddenly I lot more certain about what I wanted. So when Evan came up I thought, what the hell, we still love each, we still love parts of each other and we have so much history. Why not try. Why not try to make it work. I don't know if it will work or not, I don't even know what "working it out" would look like or mean. But we had a good, healing, easy time together. It was great. I have no expectations. I had so many when we were together and now I have sincerely none. No one can accuse me of not living life, of not risking it all over and over again.

I'll let Thom take it away, on his way to heaven in a little row boat.

No comments: