Saturday, January 5, 2008

There will be blood

Evan and I drove to Seattle this afternoon to see an early showing of There Will Be Blood.

We had been wanting to see this film since we heard about it. Knowing that the score was created by Radiohead's Johnny Greenwood certainly didn't curb my interest, nor actually did the idea of an epic dealing with both capitalism and early 20th century charismatic Christianity (seriously).

I do recommend seeing it in a theater whenever they finally have the wide release. I really don't think it would have the same effect viewed at home. I also found myself wondering what people like my mom back in the Midwest would think of this film. I think it would be much different to watch it back in rural Michigan at a theater as opposed to here in the northwest.

No comments: