Tuesday, July 15, 2008

hot hot hot

It's really hot out. I'm sitting inside in the cooler part of the house, eating my roommates jelly beans and feeling like a lazy lump.

I think I am going to Lena Lake right now. Maybe I will even swim after the hike. I bet if I floor it, I can make it to the lake by 7pm and still have time to hike down before dark.

Clyde the cat apparently doesn't like the idea. He just jumped up on my lap and is climbing up my shoulder purring into my hair. Sometimes I wish I could slap a leash on him and take him for walks like a dog.

Ah well. Off to the Olympics. I've got to start making the best of these nonstop 4 day weekends.

2 comments:

Jim L said...

Ha ha ha - you're from the Midwest. You know what HOT means. I would bet your you're not in Midwest hot yet.

That said - "Off to the Olympics. I've got to start making the best of these nonstop 4 day weekends."

Yes. Yes, you do.

Take it from someone who can't.

Maria said...

Jim,

you are right! It definitely is not as hot as I remember the Midwest being-- back there the killer was 90s + extreme humidity.

I had a nice hike. Thanks for reminding me of how lucky I am. I like to think I can't forget, but then sometimes... anyway, thanks for your comments. peace :)