Monday, February 18, 2008

time flies

I have the day off work today and that is nice. Yesterday I went up to Hood Canal in the afternoon and laid on the beach for awhile in the sun-- which was really really good for me. I tried to get to the trailhead at the lower Skokomish but there was too much snow. In fact, I am lucky I didn't get stuck out there!

Still not drinking coffee. I've switch completely to Chai. I actually blew it on Saturday and ordered a real latte but they made me a Chai instead, thinking I wanted a Chai latte (I had ordered a chai first, then when they asked if I wanted a tea or latte, I said I just wanted an almond latte instead, then they still gave me chai!!) So you might be wondering, what the HELL does any of this have to do with my "spiritual life". Well, as I have determined, not very much at all!! except that it is teaching me to be disciplined. Its very difficult for me to resist all forms of coffee! Also, the idea of cheating has crossed my mind many many times! Its only been 13 days and each day I want to pack it in! Its a good lesson for me I think about not doing what I want all the time.

I'm also trying very hard to learn how to shut the hell up, and not make sarcastic/mean/rude comments as often as they pop into my head. Fun times!

No comments: