Tuesday, February 19, 2008

my cup runneth over

I love my job! I'm starting to feel like I really know what I am doing. That makes it a lot of fun. Tonight I went to the high school where some of our programs take place. Everyone was really happy to see me because they know I am the person who recruits all the volunteers. It was so great to be able to talk to everyone and find out what they need. I love being able to help others and give people what they need!

I was able to observe several classes that I had placed volunteers in and that was really neat. I even got to talk with some of the students, even though my spanish is pretty shady! But I still know some--and they knew enough english so that we were able to have a pretty decent conversation! I'm still not really sure how to say "volunteer coordinator" in spanish. I think I know but then my pronunciation sucks! Anyway it was great.

Also just the atmosphere in which I work. I mean the environment at work but also the literal environment. I love the drive to work! It is so beautiful! Every day even if I am grumpy in the morning, just driving to work cheers me up! I am so lucky! I mean seriously! I know all the complications that come once you start thanking God for you lot in life (doesn't God care about the people suffering right NOW etc). It doesn't matter. People cared about me when I was suffering and I don't know why, but because of all of those people, I actually made it through to a very good place. So, being able to give back is deeply rewarding.

As far as spiritual stuff goes, I am doing a lot better! I think I am really starting to feel more peace. I am still nervous as hell, but I figure God is so merciful and loving, why would he ask me to do something that would make me miserable?! Lately I am better at praying about my anger. It is helping. It will probably be something I have to continue doing for a long time, but that's okay!

I just feel very fulfilled. Also, Evan and I are talking. I am not really sure what is going to happen, but I have a new peace about things.

No comments: