Wednesday, December 19, 2007

more on the job

The funniest thing about my job is probably the parking situation. The main office is located in the downtown core, in a two hour free parking zone. All of the employees and volunteers park their cars, come into the office and then set stopwatches (I am not kidding!) for an hour and 45 minutes. Then all day long the watches going off--everyone is constantly taking turns running outside of the office to move their cars! The meter guy apparently only works until 2pm at which time (wait for it!) he becomes the local dog catcher! He drives around in a little white cart and chalks peoples tires to mark the start of their two hours. Part of my job, along with whoever is at the front desk (both my cubicle and the front desk have windows) is to warn people if I see the meter guy/dog catcher chalking our tires! It is hilarious! Well, I don't plan on writing about work very often, just because it's not very smart, but I just had to write something, especially about the stopwatches and the constant reparking of cars!

No comments: