Saturday, December 15, 2007

Busy

Suddenly my life is very, very full. Before I started my new job, I worked pretty hard to keep myself as busy as possible. Now I am even busier! Really though, I have so much energy right now, it is great! It really reminds me of when I was in Americorps except the pay is better :)

In other news, I recently found out that if I delete stuff on this blog it can still be read by people who subscribe to my RSS feed! What can I say, I am a pretty (melo)dramatic person sometimes and this has been a nice place to rant and then delete!

Here's an example that I won't delete:

Last night I had to go shopping for a holiday party gift exchange. It was hell! Everywhere I looked I saw people in various stages of bewilderment, trying to figure out what gift to pick out! I hate dodging all the moms and dads with their dueling carts! I imagined that everyone was lost in their own individual family stories, lost in thinking about things people only think about this time of year (eg. Could Aunt Sally use more candles?! will it piss off Such and such if I brought resees pieces to a potluck?! does candy corn count as a vegetable dish etc). Looking at the cocoa samplers with mugs promising "comfort and joy" I couldn't help myself and uttered a particularly unseasonable greeting toward the merchandise!

Ho, ho ho!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear that.

That's why I visited the Alternative Christmas Fair this year and gave money to awesome organizations in the names of my family members. Hooray for helping places during the holidays.