Friday, December 21, 2007

digging out of the cave

I think I have found a cure for the blues. I had a couple of rough days early in the week, but now I am off work for a five day weekend. I realized that since Evan left for the east coast I have allowed our apartment to morph into a kind of gloom cave. It has evolved into a kind of paper station/ clothing depot where I come home from work, dump all the crap I have accumulated around my computer, navigate my way between the ever growing pile of laundry, and find my cats peering at me from their temporary romping around on the unmade bed and/or top of a book/paper stack.

Enough! I am cleaning up and actually having some fun. There are a lot of cures for the blues. My current cure is reliving the summers of 1999 and 2000 when I was completely immersed in Dave Matthews. The music used to make me so happy! :) The sun is out! It's a beautiful day! It's going to be January soon! I have so many good things in my life! I am so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful people and friends, to have a meaningful job and live in a beautiful place. Well, back to cleaning up the house and letting a little light inside.

No comments: