Thursday, August 7, 2008

feeling good

I had a very good day today. It was cooler outside, which was nice. I accomplished much at work, and at the end of the day, was supposed to match a student with a tutor. Surprisingly, the tutor didn't show up. This almost never happens. So I decided to tutor the student myself.

It was so fulfilling just hanging out and talking to the student, and helping her myself. I hardly ever get to do that, because my job is mainly made up of administrative and managing type tasks. It made me feel so good. I've been taking a break from volunteering and working with the student helped me remember how great it makes me feel.

Later on, after a delicious wonderful dinner my brother made, I decided to go for a long walk to a park just a few miles away. It felt so good.

No comments: