Monday, September 3, 2007

Tunc et Nunc: Then and Now

I don't know if I am a "Christian" or not, but I have finally decided it is ok to do things differently, to try and wing it, if that makes sense.

I guess I personally do have some kind of faith. At the same time I think its stupid to walk around acting like you know and understand who or what God is, or that you can decide for anyone else what spiritual truth is.

But when I pray, I pray to Jesus, I ask Jesus to forgive me, to heal me, to help me be a better person, to help me love people completely, to help me be a part of creating a more just world. It works for me, this Jesus thing. Sometimes. Sometimes it really does work for me.

Other times, not so much. But I've decided that's ok! I am just going to go with it, whatever "it" is.

Don't ask me when this some-kind-of-faith happened. I don't think the kind of faith I have happens in a moment. Maybe it does for some people. But that's not the way it's happened for me. For me it has been and probably will be, years and years, and years. And I am learning to be ok with that. Maybe for the rest of my life I will have some kind of faith.

No comments: